This senior care home is very special and rare.
A Nurse Practitioner visits regularly to follow medical needs. The RN/owner is on site full time to oversee the health and medication needs of residents and to train CNA staff as to what symptoms to report. With adequate staff, we are able to accommodate special health needs such Foley or colostomy care, incontinence, walkers and wheelchairs, bathroom assistance and transfer assistance.
We strive to identify early signs of illness and implement family and physician interventions for treatment. Safety needs are also identified and precautions are put into practice.
- We have three staff members during heavy morning and evening care times, two staff members throughout the day, and one awake staff member at night.
- Special visitors provide music, church services and dog visits.
- Staff and visitors interact through stories, photos, memories, music, cooking, gardening, exercise, walks, painting, etc.
- Family or friends may stay with us bed-and-breakfast style.
- Families can gather in our extra living room for celebrations.
- Our large deck facing west enables residents to enjoy the fresh air, mountain and sunset views, outside meals and parties and container gardening.
- Hair, laundry and housekeeping services are provided.
- Rates are fixed throughout their stay and include everything except medications, which are billed to insurance by the pharmacy. Co-pays are billed to residents/family members.
- Rates are $4,500 for a shared room, $5,500 for a private room. We are not accepting Medicaid at this time. Long-term care insurance and VA income, as well as private pay, is accepted.