Assisting residents with activities of daily living
As a hospice RN in Colorado Springs, I had the privilege to care for and encourage elderly people, focus on their comfort and strive to make their lives as easy and enjoyable as possible.
Being in many types of senior living situations, it seems to me that the small senior homes make it easy to watch and help when residents are in need.
- Increased staffing at busy times and one staff member awake at night
- RN-trained CNA caregivers
- Housekeeping, hair and laundry services are provided
- Residents benefit by receiving a comfortable home with excellent care surrounded by people who enjoy being with them
- Families will enjoy peace of mind knowing that their loved one is well cared for, safe and ecouraged by their caregivers.
- Staff assists residents with hobbies
- Staff dines with residents during the day